The 2017 China BioMed Innovation and Investment Conference (2017 CBIIC) was held in Suzhou China lately. It was co-hosted by Securities Association of China (SAC), China Pharmaceutical Innovation and Research Development Association (PhIRDA) and China Association for Medical Devices Industry (CAMDI).
Under the theme of “Promote the Linkage between Social Capital and Pharmaceutical Innovation, Improve Innovation Capability of Pharmaceutical Industry”, 2017 CBIIC showcased biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers, investment funds in China, as well as innovating drug and medical device development companies in the US and Australia, Asia, Europe and Canada.
The 2017 CBIIC conference featured keynotes and sessions from key policymakers, KOLs from investment institutions and pharmaceutical and device industries discussing about the trend of new drug and device research and development and investment.
Quick stats of conference attendance this year:
- 400+ companies from China and overseas
- 300+ investment institutions from the world
- 2000+ participants all together.
And here are the highlights from this year’s CBIIC:
- Overall Designed and co-hosted by the Pharmaceutical Innovation Industry and Investment Community
- Strong attention from industry and support from international famous financial institution, publication, related institutions domestic and abroad and media.
- Dialogue between leaders from related government authorities, scholars and experts domestic and abroad
- Held Clinical-Trial Data Release of Innovative Drugs
- The first international innovative project roadshow that further internationalized the exchange between innovation and investment
- Latest Drug Policies Sharing Forum timely grasp the direction of regulatory policies for pharmaceutical industry
- Medical devices roadshow session, and investors’ experiencing sharing forum are included in this event to diversify the platform.
- Financial innovation services, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX) managing director Xu Zhengyu’s special introduction of “New Board”.
The 2017 CBIIC, which constituted a more authoritative, open and internationalized annual gala of brands, attracted not only drugs, medical device innovative products and capitals, but also many scholars and elites form medical industry and investment field. It absorbed social capitals that are further involved in the medical innovative industry so as to precipitate effective transformation of medical innovation achievements in China, constructing a medical innovative ecosystem that is of sustainable development, meeting the demands of clinical medication in China’s economic social development and contributing to a healthy China.