CFDA: 22 Foreign Devices Recalled Last WeekMarch 27, 2018
Weekly CFDA News Roundup (Mar 25th to Mar 31st)April 2, 2018
Weekly CFDA News Roundup covers policies, regulations, QA/recall/AE, and new approvals in medical device and IVD in China. It is edited by China Med Device, LLC, a consulting firm specializing in China CFDA regulatory, CRO and market access services.
CFDA issued 4 technical review guidelines, covering ophthalmology, hematology and microbiology:
- Ophthalmology: technical review guideline on femtosecond laser system
- Ophthalmology: technical review guideline on diagnostic ultrasound system
- Hematology: technical review guideline on continuous glucose monitor
- Microbiology: technical review guideline on cell mediated immune response assay for mycobacterium tuberculosis
CFDA announced recall notices to 22 medical devices from 17 foreign manufactures. Boston Scientific, Siemens, Becton Dickinson, GE, Smith & Nephew are on the list. Read More
- CFDA granted approval for revascularization device, registered by MicroPort Scientific. The device is the first of its kind in China.
- CFDA published directory of registered medical devices for Feb 2018. 20 imported class III and 18 imported class II devices have been approved. Medtronic, Roche, Philips and Stryker Instruments are on the list.